Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What a game!

Oh, what a game it was!   It was hard to choose what to focus my eyes on: the fast-paced game or the colossal crowd of spectators!  The girls did a fantastic job!  Not only did they win, but they played hard and worked well together.  It was a very exciting game with numerous interceptions and I can only dream about the heights to which these girls went to capture the rebounds.  It was amazing to watch!  I wish I could jump that high.  Sigh...  I look forward to seeing the boys' team play on Thursday. 

Have you ever thought about what makes one person enjoy one sport, while someone else prefers a completely different sport?  I guess it must have something to do with the skills that you already have; the better you are at something, the more you enjoy it.  Is that how it always works?  I wonder... What about people who try new sports and grow to like them?  Can you enjoy participating in a sport even if you are not the "best" at it?  Can you enjoy anything if you are not good at it?  Is it always true that we tend to choose activities that we can do easily?  That also made me question myself about whether easy is always better.  Isn't easy sometimes boring?  I know that I definitely enjoy a challenge when it comes to everything that I do, although I also admit that it is more enjoyable if I can be successful.  I've recently been taught how to do Sudoku's, for example, and I love them, because they challenge me.  However, the hard ones are really hard (I do try them though). 

No comments:

Post a Comment